This article is about a phrase in the film. For the song, click here.
A Zing is a special feeling and status described in the Hotel Transylvania universe. It only happens when one person meets his or her soulmate, the person they will spend entirety with forever.
- Drac's currently the only known character to have zinged more than once.
- It's possible that, if a monster's soulmate dies, such as Martha did, a monster can zing more than once, similar to how widowers and widows can remarry.
- There's a minor fan theory that Ericka could be a reincarnation of Martha, which goes along with the whole "a zing only happens once in your lifetime." Ericka being Martha reborn in a human body can explain why she fell in love with him so fast, a part of her remembers Dracula and her love for him.
- Despite their feelings for each other, Winnie and Dennis have not actually zinged with each other yet. In Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Dennis is shown to feel slightly uncomfortable when Winnie kisses him, and later, he tries to avoid eye contact when she flirts with him in order to make them zing with each other. According to Dennis, he is too young to zing; this could be attributed to him not being emotionally mature enough yet to face having such feelings for his best friend.
- It is unknown if only monster can zing because Johnny actually zinged with Mavis.